Sunday 30 March 2014

Ten Wicked Vancouver Events for April

Spring is here! Say goodbye to winter and hello to outdoor fun!

Not that our winters are that harsh, but it's nice to shed a few layers and spend more hours in the park. The extra daylight is awesome as well. More hours for after-work fun outside.

Events and Adventures is gearing up for the spring with a packed April calendar. Here are the top ten events I am looking forward to for the month of April:

10. Grass Volleyball
  • Finally, outdoor volleyball returns! It might not be beach weather yet, but it's definitely time to leave the gym and head to the park. E&A has two sessions planned for April, one on the 16th and one on the 30th.


9. Tynehead Hike (dog friendly)
  • I love walking my friends dog Leroy, so I will definitely be bringing him on the Tynehead hike. They also have an off-leash area to let your four-legged friends enjoy their freedom.


8. Soccer at Trout Lake
  • Another big win for the Whitecaps this week! Now it's our turn. Events and Adventures will be playing footie at Trout Lake on April 19th. The co-ed game is tons of fun!



7. Dancing at Pop Opera
  • No sense practicing those sweet dance moves if you can't show them off. Pop Opera is a wicked venue, with two unique rooms and the best dance music in the city.


6. Rodney's Oyster Bar
  • Something about sharing oysters that puts you in the mood...


5. Drive-In
  • A throwback to simpler times. I remember going to the Drive-In with my cousins in Creston, B.C. It was one of my favourite memories from childhood. That night we saw the western "Silverado." Don't know the movie for the April date, but I'm sure it will be a stellar choice. If you don't have car, don't worry, there will be lots of members with vehicles.


4. Pacific Spirit Hike
  • At the edge of the UBC, lies Pacific Spirit Park. After Stanley Park, it is definitely my second favourite urban forest to explore. Should be a great hike.


3. Zip Lining
  • I've always wanted to zip line and I never had the chance. Events and Adventures has planned a trip to Grouse Mountain to try their Skyride. Should be a blast flying above the trees!


2. Exit Escape Challenge
  • My friends were talking about this place last week. It sounded super cool. The premise: you're locked in a maze full of mind puzzles and you have to work as team to get out. It's an awesome group activity that relies on everyone’s combined puzzle skill. Don't miss out on this one. Signup early!!!


1. Kayaking Deer Lake

  • I love kayaking! My uncle actually designs kayaks, so I guess you can say it's in my blood. We'll be paddling Deer Lake Park for this adventure, so no white water, but lots of laughs and fresh water spray. Might even try an Eskimo roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment