Sunday 9 February 2014

Ten Awkward Speed Dating Conversations

To be a fly on the wall for some of these conversations would be epic:

10. "You look just like my sister."
Flattering? Not really. I'm sure his sister is a beautiful woman, but no one wants to be compared to a family member. Gross.

9. "I left high school early."
Sure… "I guess you weren't being challenged...?"

8. "Do you have life insurance?"
Red flag! "Next."

7. "The cream cleared up everything."
Honesty is important. But there are limits.

6. "And when I got my fourth cat, I figured, why not five?"
More than one cat and you're basically throwing in the towel.

5. "I'd have to say the Love Guru. Favourite movie."
Yikes. Even Mike Myers was ashamed to be associated with that piece of garbage. And he wrote, directed and starred in it.

4. "Well I'm still on probation for another 8 months."
The jail yard neck tattoo should have been your first clue.

3. "The best part about living with my parents: access to the fridge."
There is no right way to end that sentence. 

2. "It's not really a fetish, more of a requirement."
Flashbacks to Pulp Fiction: "Bring out the gimp."

1. "Kids? Hate em. Vile little things."
Not wanting kids is one thing. Hating them is another.

At Events and Adventures, all the potential applicants are screened. You can't just walk off the street and become a member. When you meet people at an activity, you know they have their life in order.

They chose the same event as you did, so you definitely have that in common. They still might hold a place in their heart for the Love Guru, but at least you both enjoy rock climbing. 

Apply for a membership and start meeting legitimate contenders.



No comments:

Post a Comment